SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Data Entry person is responsible for the correct entry of auto and workers compensation insurance claims into our proprietary software system and submission of those claims to our client payers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Data Entry
- Review paper, electronic, faxed and emailed claims for completeness and accuracy.
- Verify claims are auto injury related or Workers Comp related
- Data enter all valid claim detail into the database
- Print and attach medical reports
- Review appropriate claims queues in our system to capture all pending claims.
- Verify benefits with Auto Carriers or Workers Comp carriers
- Claims Submission
- Submit claims to the payors in an accurate and timely manner
- Attach all appropriate supporting documentation to the claims prior to submission.
- Work with collectors to submit corrected claims when information requested by insurance provider was missing or omitted.
- Work with collectors to submit paper claims to health insurance as needed.
- Communicate with stakeholders
- Reply to network facility groups with confirmation of claims submitted on their behalf
- Report inventory and aging to management
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience working in a busy office setting
- Superior PC skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Workers compensation, auto or healthcare claims knowledge is a plus
- Solid Communication and interpersonal skills that include both written and oral communication.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Attention to detail is critical
- Must be able to work independently.
- Demonstrate a positive can do attitude.