SUMMARY OF POSITION
This is a perfect opportunity for someone with a few years of accounting experience. The Staff Accountant will report to the VP of Finance and will have the following responsibilities:
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform monthly reconciliations of accounts, as assigned
- Process general ledger entries, including prepaid, accruals, allocations, amortizations, etc.
- Manage & process Accounts Payables and Employee Expense reimbursements
- Perform monthly reconciliations for payroll and benefits
- Process check runs for Claims department
- Assist the VP of Finance with the month-end close process
- Assist the VP of Finance in tracking and maintaining company insurance policies
- Perform such other accounting, financial or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time – quite often on short notice – by the COO or VP of Finance.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Great Plains experience preferred
- Must be highly skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data
- Must be highly skilled in MS Excel
- Strong desire to learn and grow