SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Workers’ Compensation Billing Specialist is responsible for handling a large volume of workers’ compensation files from inception to closure. This includes submitting bills for bill review, processing EORs, and finalizing payment. The billing specialist will work closely with the Configuration team and Data team to ensure all invoicing and provider payments are timely and accurate.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor the billing inbox
- Address all inquiries upon receipt.
- Process all incoming communications via email, fax, or phone
- Respond to provider inquiries including bill status, and payment information
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure client satisfaction
- Prepare client invoices and provider payments
- Enter bills in adjudication system using appropriate coding
- Submit bills to Bill Review company and track bill status
- Work collaboratively with finance to prepare client invoices.
- Package invoices with appropriate documentation and back up materials.
- Bill Processing
- Prepare bills for Bill review process
- Monitor Bill review queue and process bills accordingly
- Adjudicate Bills in payment system based on information from EOR
- Coordinate payment documentation (EORs & Invoices) for Check run processing.
- Two years of experience in a Workers’ Comp environment.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Business or HealthCare Administration
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to quickly build rapport
- Experience working with all levels of employees and stakeholders
- Demonstrated communication skills both oral and written
- Excellent organization and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Effective team player
- Proficient in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)